Baxter St. Fire Fund

On Sunday, March 4th, 2012, a house on Baxter Street in Ward, CO was completely destroyed by fire due to an apparent propane leak and subsequent fire. The residence is a total loss. Three adults and two children (boys) ages 7 and 9 have been impacted by this event. Thankfully there were no serious injuries.

In response we (Ward Citizens) have created a fund through the Union Congregational Church of Ward to ease the loss/burden for those affected. The monies collected will be used to purchase/replace:

  • Clothing
  • Toys
  • Books
  • Furniture

Because storage for actual donated items is a problem with no immediate remedy, the people affected are requesting that no actual items be donated at this time. Because of this it would be easier to establish a monetary fund that the victims can draw from as they are able to replace and utilize their property.

Donations can be made to:

Union Congregation Church of Ward
Baxter Street Fire Fund
P.O. Box 304
Ward, CO 80481

Please make checks payable to UCC of Ward, with a notation to direct funds to the Baxter Street Fire Fund.

Thank you in advance for your tax deductable donation. Tax information will be given upon request.

We live in a proud and wonderful community that helps its own in time of need!

Leave a reply